SUMMER SHOW 2018
CALL FOR ENTRIES: OPEN NOW!
This is an OPEN CALL for submissions for the Walthamstow Village Window Gallery's two month summer show taking place 20 July-16 Sept 2018. Please bombard us with your best work, as many or as few pieces as you like, for this two month long show in this prime, high footfall location on Walthamstow village's Orford Road with its popular pubs, shops and eateries.
There's no theme, Just be yourself. Be it drawing; painting; photograph; screenprint; etching; illustration/poster; collage/montage; carving; impressionistic/expressionistic; surrealist/satirical; ceramic or welded or any creative combination of the above! All we ask is that the work is suitable for a family audience.
Only other limitations are by size and price:
* the work should have an irresistible price tag of no more than £300
* Size restriction is a maximum framed size of 70cm in either direction
FEES: There's no fee to enter but there'll be an admin/hanging fee of just £20 per selected artist - regardless of how many pieces we accept - which goes towards the 8 weeks of gallery exposure, admin/hanging time, name-check on the website and in a press release etc. There'll be a commission on sales of 30% to cover admin time and payment handling fees.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: Midnight Sunday 24 JUNE 2018
HOW TO SUBMIT:
* Submit by email only - as many or as few pieces as you like - to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Summer Show 2018 attaching clear, good quality jpgs of the work(s)/items(s) you'd like to submit. It's IMPORTANT that your name and title is included in the image filename with an indication of size - so that every image can be individually identified from a vast general folder of jpgs eg artistname_title_framedsize10x20cm.jpg
* A description of media/print editions and prices can be supplied in the body of the email.
* Reproduction prints of original paintings are discouraged
* By submitting images it will be assumed you agree to these terms and conditions
PLEASE NOTE much of the gallery receives some direct late afternoon sun (weather-permitting!) so particularly light-sensitive works/papers will be displayed at your own risk (a fresh print could be supplied to any buyers if you prefer)
* Successful entries only will be notified by Sunday 1 July (if you haven't heard from us by then your work hasn't been selected). If your work is selected, you'll be notified with instructions on How To Pay Your £20 fee, and requesting confirmation of all relevant information and bank details or Payal account to pass on any sums from sales.
* Successful entries will need to be handed in, ready to hang, by Monday 16 July at the latest (the gallery will be open for accepting of entries on Sunday 15 July by arrangement)
* Work must be available for the duration of the two month exhibition until SUNDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2018.
* Please arrange your own insurance for the full duration. And the gallery cannot accept any responsibility for damage to work caused by exposure to daylight
* All work should be well-protected for handing-in, and signed/labelled all ready for a potential purchaser to take home at the end of the show
* We'll make every effort to include all delivered work in the final hang (eg unless it's much bigger than indicated or the frame is poor quality)
Our very popular 'school's out for the summer' PREVIEW EVENING will take place on FRIDAY 20 July from 7pm.
* SOLD pieces will be available for collection by the BUYER from the gallery during office hours Monday-Friday 9am-6pm shortly after the close of the exhibition.
* We won't be able to arrange any individual delivery of work to home addresses, local or otherwise. Delivery options, eg for unframed PRINT orders, should be made clear to the buyer at the outset.
* Any UNSOLD work should be collected by you or a representative promptly or by arrangement (or make pre-paid postal arrangements for its safe return).
Please invite other potentially interested artists to submit too. We're really looking forward to receiving all your submissions!
Thanks very much,