WALTHAMSTOW VILLAGE WINDOW GALLERY is very selective about what exhibitions it puts on. Rather than being a space for hire we prefer to receive proposals from artists. Upfront and/or commission fees will apply. More information below:
If Google's to be believed our 24 hour exhibition space has almost always someone in the vicinity!
HOW BEST TO GET IN TOUCH
Please get in touch initially by email only with all the information required in the checklist below. If you're unable to provide any of the information please say why. Sell yourself to us!
- tell us about the artist(s) as a person, what inspires them to create the work they do
- description of the idea or artwork with approx sizes of artworks (and prices if applicable)
- a CV with education, previous exhibitions, art fairs, sales history or press coverage (if any)
- weblinks and social media accounts we may want to follow
- good quality, representative images (as jpgs) of artwork(s) themselves, and ideally in situ too
- your availability or any preference for time of year
Danny will be available to hang or assist on the hang; the gallery will supply caption/CV/biog cards; list your show on press websites, design*** and fund an advert in Waltham Forest's popular monthly arts and culture magazine The E List; provide an internet presence on the gallery website and on social media; manage preview evenings* and field artwork enquiries and sales; and any handle purchase payments as necessary.
We have only occasional meetings to discuss future proposals, and as we receive so many emails we can't always feed back or enter into correspondence but we do look forward to hearing from you, and who knows, offer you your very own exhibition!
Danny and the WVWG team
* usually on the first Thursday of the month. We tend to run the preview night bar by reasonable donation just to cover costs, but happy for the artist(s) to cover that cost in order to offer a free bar.
** after any credit/debit card handling fees approx 3-4%
*** other design and print production services are available for flyers, posters and postcards at competitive rates - using gallery brand guidelines. For consistency we can't accept self-designed marketing materials